Statistics play a vital role in every field of human activity. Statistical knowledge helps us learn from data and holds a central position in any field like industry, commerce, technology, etc. Knowledge of statistics is essential for the development of marketing goals and allows businesses to provide data on which to base changes to these goals. There are a countless number of statistics about email marketing, personalization and segmentation as well. And, we collected some dazzling statistics that can help you improve the effectiveness of your digital marketing efforts.
● Litmus analysis over 13 billion email opens suggests that iOS (Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, Apple email) represents 45 of total market share and leads the market. It is followed by Gmail by 35%.
● As stated by Aberdeen, personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%.
● Statista study claims that pet and animal services ranks first (22%) followed by architecture and construction (20%) and IT services (18.8%) in the list of average marketing email open rates in the United States in 2016, by industry.
● Adage asked marketers to prioritize one capability that will be most important to marketing in the future, and 33% of marketers answered: “personalization.”
● Email subscribers are 3x more likely to share content on social media than leads who came through another channel, according to QuickSprout.
● According to Certona, only 39% of online retailers send personalized product recommendations via email.
● Liveintent data states that women have a stronger preference for converting on tablets, with 18% of conversions, compared to 13% for men.
● According to Campaign Monitor, emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened.
● An Easy SMTP study suggests that welcome emails have 320% more revenue per email than other promotional emails.
● According to Conversant Media, 94% of customer insights and marketing professionals across multiple industries said personalization is “important,” “very important,” or “extremely important” for meeting their current email marketing objectives.
● According to DMA, segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue. – DMA
● According to data from Monetate, marketers see an average increase of 20% in sales when using personalized experiences.
● According to Marketing Land, some brands have recorded 8x improvement on click-through rates with a personalized video versus standard outbound email campaigns.
● According to research by Statista, the open rate for emails with a personalized message was 18.8%, as compared to 13.1% without any personalization in 2016.
● A Campaign Monitor study found that automated emails generate 320% more revenue than non-automated emails.
● According to EmailMonday, marketing automation has reached 55% market saturation in Europe and North America.
● An Experian report showed that e-commerce customers who receive multiple cart abandonment emails are 2.4x more likely to buy than those who receive only one email
● According to eConsultancy research, 74% of marketers say targeted personalization increases customer engagement.
● The data by the Annuitas Group claims that nurtured leads through email marketing make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads.
● As per information provided by DemandGen, 53% of marketers say ongoing, personalized communication with existing customers results in moderate to significant revenue impact.
● According to DMA, 77% of ROI comes from segmented, targeted, and triggered campaigns.
● As per information by Experian, personalized emails deliver 6x higher transaction rates.
● According to Conversant Media, 66% of marketers are working toward securing internal resources to execute personalized marketing programs.
● According to Experian, 50% of companies feel they can increase interaction within email by increasing personalization.